OUR CAPABILITIES AND SOLUTIONS
We pride ourselves on being able to customise across our existing product range to meet each client’s specific needs.
Ashburton Investments is fully invested in the outcomes of our clients. Through providing access to diverse sources of return across both listed and unlisted asset classes, combined with our focus on risk and volatility management, we have committed to helping our clients achieve better results for themselves, and all those who depend on them.
For institutional investors, our wide-range of investment solutions include:
PRIVATE MARKET SOLUTIONS
- Unlisted corporate credit opportunities – We deliver alpha by incorporating
unlisted debt into traditional fixed income portfolios, liability driven solutions and stand-alone
- Impact credit funds – Through these funds you can invest in
commercially-viable, unlisted credit that also demonstrates positive social and environmental impact.
- Private equity – Achieve long-term capital gains through a diversified
portfolio of South African private equity assets with exposure to the rest of Africa.
RISK MANAGED SOLUTIONS
- Liability driven investing – We have specialist capabilities in the
management of interest rate and inflation hedging mandates.
- We put our equity, property and single manager capabilities to work for you.
YIELD ENHANCING SOLUTIONS
- Money market – These vehicles provide a competitive interest rate, with
regular income distributions, capital preservation and liquidity in the short term.
- Fixed income – An alternative to cash or bank deposits over
12 to 36 months for clients wanting to take advantage of active management within the fixed interest
- Credit – Provides low-duration fixed-income exposure with less
volatility than more aggressively mandated portfolios. The probability of a long-term capital loss is
- Bonds – Provides a high level of income and seeks to enhance investment
returns by the active management of interest rate, credit and duration risk.
- Multi asset – We focus on achieving an absolute return of CPI+3.5 and CPI+5
for our balanced funds.
PASSIVE TRACKER SOLUTIONS
Our customised solutions can be designed to track an index, CIS, equity portfolio or hedge fund.
- Exchange traded funds – Buying a JSE-listed ETF provides investors with
exposure to the South African equities market.
- Trackers – Providing exposure to international equities across
developed and emerging markets.
Ashburton Investments offers investment solutions to help you better optimise returns for your business,
without taking excessive risk. Money market and fixed income funds can generate good returns if you
are looking for short term investments with low risk, stability and access to high liquidity.
Ashburton Money Market Fund
A conservative investment offering to consider if you’re looking for an alternative to bank deposits.
It offers a competitive interest rate with regular income distributions, capital preservation and liquidity
in the short term, and is suitable for corporate treasuries. It offers a same day return of funds if
notification is received before 12 noon. Although the fund does not offer a capital guarantee, the portfolio
is AA+(ZA)(f) rated by Global Credit Ratings (GCR).
Ashburton Stable Income Fund
A low risk investment offering to consider if you’re looking for income in excess of current accounts
and money market funds, and to protect capital. It is an ideal fund for parking assets for the longer term
(6 months+) and is also suitable for corporate treasuries. It has an official credit rating of AA(ZA)(f)
from Global Credit Ratings (GCR) and has been managed without a single negative month by the same portfolio
manager for over 10 years.
Contact our specialists Naleni.Govender@ashburton.co.za
or Gordon.Wessels@ashburton.co.za directly, or:
To invest and for more information on our offering
Our service desk