The Ashburton Global 1200 Equity Fund of Funds ETF aims to provide investors with efﬁcient exposure to the global equity market by tracking the S&P Global 1200 Index. The S&P Global 1200 Index captures 70% of the global stock market capitalisation, covering seven distinct regions and 30 countries.
The ETF is structured as a Fund of Fund ETF and achieves efﬁcient tracking by investing in underlying ETFs that track the seven composite headline indices comprising the S&P Global 1200 Index. These include the S&P500 (US), S&P Europe 350, S&P TOPIX 150 (Japan), S&P/TSX 60 (Canada), S&P/ASX All Australian 50, S&P Asia 50 and S&P Latin America 40. Each stock in the index must meet liquidity standards and each component region has appropriate sector representation. The size of each region corresponds to its relative size in the global equity market, based on a ﬂoat-adjusted market value.
- This fund will provide the investor with diversification in an investment portfolio, both from a currency and geographic perspective. This will have an impact on both risk and return.
- The S&P Global 1200 Index has a large interest in developed markets, which is currently experiencing reasonable economic growth.
- The S&P Global 1200 Index boasts exposure to some of the largest and well-respected companies globally.
- The underlying constituents are ETFs tracking the composite indices of the S&P Global 1200 Index.
- Low concentration risk – the top 10 constituents only make up approxiamately 10% of the index (1219 constituents).
- No securities transfer tax is payable on the purchase of ETFs. Passive investments are regarded as a cost effective investment option.
- First listed ETF to track the S&P Global 1200 Index worldwide.
- Local investors, including trusts, individuals and corporates, will not have to use their offshore allowance to gain further access to markets ex-SA.
||South African rand
Annualised performance since 2017:
*Hover on chart to see values