CORPORATES AND INSTITUTIONS
Ashburton Investments is fully invested in the outcomes of our clients. Through providing access to fixed income and private markets for diversified sources of returns, like private debt, sustainable job-creating impact, mezzanine finance and private equity, we have committed to helping our clients achieve better results for themselves, and all those who depend on them.
For institutional investors, our wide-range of investment solutions include:
PRIVATE MARKET SOLUTIONS
- Unlisted corporate credit opportunities – We deliver alpha by incorporating unlisted debt into traditional fixed income portfolios, liability driven solutions and stand-alone credit mandates.
- Impact credit funds – Through these funds you can invest in commercially-viable, unlisted credit that also demonstrates positive social and environmental impact.
- Private equity – Achieve long-term capital gains through a diversified portfolio of South African private equity assets with exposure to the rest of Africa.
RISK MANAGED SOLUTIONS
- Liability driven investing – We have specialist capabilities in the management of interest rate and inflation hedging mandates.
- We put our equity, property and single manager capabilities to work for you.
YIELD ENHANCING SOLUTIONS
- Money markets – These vehicles provide a competitive interest rate, with regular income distributions, capital preservation and liquidity in the short term.
- Fixed income - An alternative to cash or bank deposits over 12 to 36 months for clients wanting to take advantage of active management within the fixed interest universe.
- Credit – Provides low-duration fixed-income exposure with less volatility than more aggressively mandated portfolios. The probability of a long-term capital loss is extremely low.
- Bonds – Provides a high level of income and seeks to enhance investment returns by the active management of interest rate, credit and duration risk.
- Multi asset – We focus on achieving an absolute return of CPI+3.5 and CPI+5 for our balanced funds.
PASSIVE TRACKER SOLUTIONS
- Exchange traded funds – Buying a JSE-listed ETF provides investors with exposure to the South African equities market.
- Trackers – Providing exposure to international equities across developed and emerging markets.
- We offer both boutique solutions and enhanced customised solutions.
Our boutique offering extends to single and multi assets, dynamic yield and liquidity enhancement.
Our customised solutions can be designed to track an index, CIS, equity portfolio or hedge fund.
They include a capital guarantee (depending on the assets being tracked) and offer gearing of your exposure to the underlying asset.
We pride ourselves on being able to customise across our existing product range to meet each client’s specific needs.
For more information about our Alternatives business, talk to a Business Development Manager