• Developed market indices once again benefitted from positive returns on the back of the post US election rally and the possible three Corona virus vaccines, that spurred a risk-on sentiment which had a positive effect on markets. It was also a month where global value stocks outperformed growth stocks.
• Global equities, as measured by the FTSE World Total Return Index returned 12.41%.
• Government bonds (FTSE WorldBIG Index), and global property, (as measured by the FTSE EPRA/NAREIT Developed Index), had a positive month returning 1.78% and 13.22% respectively.
• The Ashburton Global Strategy Fund returned a satisfactory +5.07% for the month, (this is the NAV on NAV move between the 28 October 2020 and the 25 November 2020).
• Within the equity bucket, Lyrical outperformed the benchmark and was the best performer for the calendar month while Epoch and Mundane lagged and underperformed the benchmark.
• The property manager, AB, had a positive return for November of 11.88%, underperforming its benchmark.
• Both fixed income funds, Franklin Templeton Global Total Return fund and Colchester Global Bond fund posted positive returns of 0.18% and 3.11% respectively, however only Colchester managed to outperform the benchmark.
• The Ashburton Global Strategy Fund reflects the macroeconomic house view of Ashburton Investments. From a tactical asset allocation perspective, changes were made during November; exposure to equities increased by 1%, resulting in the allocation to bonds decreasing.
The content or fund you have selected is not available for the profile or region you have selected.
Please select one of the options below to return to the site.