• Developed market indices suffered a consecutive month of negative returns during October. This can be attributed to a surge in COVID-19 cases in the US and Europe, and the markets negative reaction to the possibility of new lockdowns, accompanied by the re-emergence of BREXIT and uncertainties around the US elections.
• Global equities as measured by the FTSE World Total Return Index returned -2.46%.
• Government bonds, as measured by the FTSE World Broad Investment-Grade Bond Index WorldBIG®, had a negative month returning -0.14%.
• The Ashburton Global Strategy Fund returned +2.42% for October, this is the movement measured between 30 September and 28 October.
• Within the equity bucket, Lyrical outperformed the benchmark and was the best performer for the calendar month while Epoch and Mundane lagged and underperformed the benchmark.
• The property manager, AB, had a negative return for October of -3.09%, however still managed to outperform its benchmark.
• Both fixed income funds, Franklin Templeton Global Total Return fund and Colchester Global Bond fund posted positive returns of 0.19% and 0.03% respectively and outperformed the benchmark.
• The Ashburton Global Strategy Fund reflects the macroeconomic house view of Ashburton Investments. From a tactical asset allocation perspective, there were no changes made during October, however the fund remains overweight in equities compared to its long-term strategic asset allocation, resulting in the exposure to cash decreasing.
The content or fund you have selected is not available for the profile or region you have selected.
Please select one of the options below to return to the site.