Welcome and introduction
Overview of the best investment opportunities to pursue in the current environment
• Economic update – offshore and locally
• Macro view
• Market update
Moderator: Patrice Rassou, Chief Investment Officer at Ashburton Investments
Panelists: Etienne Le Roux, Chief Economist at RMB and Nico Els, Multi Asset Strategist at Ashburton Investments
Topic: Strategic asset allocation (SAA) through a systematic approach to investing
• Importance of SAA in portfolio construction
• Considerations when including passive and active components
• Incorporating systematic trading strategies to achieve desired outcomes
Chris Siriram, Head LDI & Structuring and Vicki Tagg, Head of Indexation at Ashburton Investments and Hannes du Plessis, Client Structurer at RMB
What is the use of fixed income in a zero rate world?
• How should a South African investor approach fixed income?
• How should fixed income be viewed in a portfolio context?
• What should the split between local and global fixed income be?
• What are viable alternative asset classes?
Speaker: Albert Botha, Head of Fixed Income Portfolio Management at Ashburton Investments
Impact debt funding in a state of crisis
Topic: The role credit plays to assist in a COVID-19 impacted South Africa
• What are our capabilities to assist corporates impacted by COVID-19?
• How Impact investing can make a difference
• New opportunities in a recessionary environment
Speakers: Heather Jackson, Head of Impact Investing and Corneleo Keevy, Head of Credit Risk Management at Ashburton Investments
How is the industry approaching the impact of COVID-19 on retirements funds?
Live panel discussion and Q & A
Moderator: Rudigor Kleyn, MD: Corporate and Institutional at Ashburton Investments
Panelists: Fagmeedah Petersen-Cook, Independent Director, Janina Slawski, Head: Investment Consulting at Alexander Forbes and Patrice Rassou, Chief Investment Officer at Ashburton Investments